Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Sun Of Italy Pizza Kit






I found the aforementioned pizza kit at my local Giant. These pizza has eluded me for years. I pass by it every visit and think to myself "That pizza looks bad." The premise is as follow: Two disks of pizza, two packets of tomato sauce, and two packets of shredded mozzarella for $8.99. Upgrade to pepperoni for $1.00 and bring your grand total to $9.99. I chose the former.

The directions are simple enough...open bag with pre-rolled, pre-baked dough, open bag of sauce and apply, open bag of cheese and apply. Now, I wasn't going to eat this whole pizza myself and my eating partner was hesitant on the additions (broccoli and onion), which is why the pizza is only half covered in toppings. Oil a pan and place in the oven at 475 for 8 minutes and you're done!

Everything about this pizza was OK, but you knew that before reading this review. Of course this pizza sucks, it comes from a bag at your local Giant. Though, for crappy pizza and two pies for $9, it could have been a lot worse.

A few things to take note of....
Don't over bake this one. At 8 minutes it smelled like burning (but it wasn't????).
Don't be scared to dress it up!
It's not unfathomable to eat this whole thing by yourself (I almost did).
Be glad you live in a democracy that allows you to assemble your own pre-packaged pizza.

Price: 4/8 slices. Should be cheaper cause these are ingredients used to make garbage.
Taste: 2/8 slices. Remember what I said about dressing it up?
Fun: 7/8 slices. Greglan was hanging out.
Overall: 4 and a half slices.

No comments: